After a concussion, the eyes can be more sensitive to light. Lights may exacerbate your concussion symptoms.
Reduce your hypersensitivity by:
- Use sunglasses and wear a hat outdoors
- Avoid direct sunlight and bright fluorescent lights
- Use dimmers and warm while LED or incandescent lights
- Use natural light when possible
- Control brightness and blue light on your electronics
DO NOT wear sunglasses indoors
Avoiding aggravating lighting environments can be beneficial initially, however it is important for treatment to start with gradual exposure to brighter and different color of lights to build tolerance.